The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

30 September 2011

Pretty in Pink and Sweet Butternut Squash Taco's......

I love the color pink and I'm not afraid to hide it :) Funny thing is, when I was younger I hated pink. I liked boy colors like blue and green. I still do love those colors but I have found quite an enjoyment with pink since then. The older I have gotten I have become more in tune with my inner girlie girl and today's outfit definitly shows that.....





I decided that I would pair this dress with my white cardigan to add more of a clean look and also my black flower wedges. Usually I walk to work and the day's I'm not working I am on campus all day so I rarely get to wear heels or wedges, but on Friday's I treat myself by driving to work and wearing nice shoes :)


By adding the white cardigan to my outfit I thought a great pearl necklace would finish this outfit really nicely. When wearing longer necklaces, I don't really like to wear big earrings so I stuck with a small pair of flowered crystal earrings...





I added my FAVORITE lip color and lip gloss to finish up the look....

Dress: Ross
Cardigan: Forever 21
Shoes: TjMaxx ( Steve Madden )
Necklace: Forever 21
Earrings: TJmaxx

Lipstick: Wet and Wild " Just Peachy "
Gloss: Sephora " Nude "

**Now who ever said you can't look good on a budget!!!!**

BUTTERNUT SQUASH TACO'S

Earlier this week Dan I bought a butternut squash from the store and we were honestly oblivious on what to do with it. We roasted it the first night which was yummy-yummy-yummy, but last night we decided we would make taco's from the left overs. Dan and I make sweet potato taco's all the time and didn't think this would be much different. It wasn't that much different except I can honestly say I liked the butternut squash more than the sweet potato version. We also added our black bean mixture we have recently come up with which we seem to crave quite often.
Once put together we added Queso Fresco, pickled red cabbage, tomatoes, red onion, grilled white corn and hot sauce..... SOOOOO good. I am still drooling about it now....



We have also really been into making our own tortilla chips lately, so of course we made a batch because what compliments tacos more than chips???



Enjoy!!!!!!