The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

24 September 2011

Saturday-Saturday- Saturday.





Today I took my niece Alabama out for a girls day. I had so much fun. I don't get to see her often, so it's nice to spend one on one time with her and hear how a 13 year old's life is.... We started the day off with some Cafe Rio, obvious I'm sure, but she had never been there before. I got my usual vegetarian salad with corn tortillas and she got the barbacoa taco's. I told her they were a must! She really enjoyed them so I hope so goes back with her friends to eat them again. Usually I don't spend the money on a drink when I go to places like that but Alamaba wanted one and I thought, what the hell, it's a Saturday with my niece. A slight celebration. If you don't know, there is a soda machine there that looks like it's straight from outer space. I have never used it for my fear of soda, but she urged me to take a chance today so I did. I got a Diet Coke with raspberry. Odd? Yes! Don't do it.

After lunch we went to the Gateway to see the flick of her choice which was, The Help. I cried my eyes out, but I didn't feel so stupid because so did Alabama. It was such an awe inspiring movie and if you haven't seen it.... see it! When the movie ended we decided we would take a walk through the mall to get some more alone time and so I can see into the mind of a 13 year old's style. We of course went to Forever 21 and guess what? I'm not ashamed. Neither her nor I can get enough of the store. I think the reason I like it so much is because it's so inexpensive and I know that if I don't like what I bought 6 months later, I don't have to feel guilty about giving it away... We only looked at jewelry, but that's all we were interested in looking at. Alabama had found these adorable gold hoop earrings that looked great on her. She informed me that she had never owned a pair of hoops and I feel that every woman needs a good hoop earring so I bought them for her. I also bought some things for me..... What do you think??




A pair of grandma looking pearls, some gold cluster hoops, mint nail polish, a set of bracelets and a pair of pink bows. Yes, bows. Maybe it was because I was with a 13 year old all day, but I had to get them. Definitely going backwards from my ideas of getting an older look, but I just had too.

Silly???

Lastly, after I dropped her off I remembered I needed to get some blush because mine at home had run out so I stopped at the store on the way home. If you know me, I wouldn't say I am "cheap" but like my clothes I don't always think that you need to spend a TON on money on something you don't know if you are going to like in a few months. I have been wanting to experiment more with lip colors so I grabbed two colors I actually loved. Sadly they are "Wet and Wild" colors, but honestly they were the ones that I liked the most in the whole store. They are a matte finish and don't have any sheen or glitter. These are the colors I chose:


Wine and Bare. 
They were very fall appropriate colors and I can't wait to wear them soon.....



What a Good Day!