The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

26 September 2011

Who says bright can't be fall?

When the fall season comes around people automatically think "wear dark......" Of course the darker colors are perfect for fall, but I also think that you can wear lighter colors and more vibrant colors when mixed with something darker to even out the color balance.

March of this year I bought a shirt that was a bright melon pink. A beautiful shade of pink I must say. I bought it with a pair of white shorts thinking it was sooooo Miami. Well with this color combination, I didn't wear it often. It was a little too flashy for my style. From that day to now I have only wore the shirt twice, but today I thought I would give it another chance and I'm proud to say I think it worked out well.


Pairing the shirt with something more subdued, like black jeans really mellowed out the brightness of the shirt and really complimented eachother.
I paired the outfit with my new grandma pearls and my new "love" bracelets from Forever 21.


The gold works as a perfect accent.
Sometime this fall you should pair something bright with some other clothing piece that is a darker hue and see how it turns out. You might be surprised at how well they look together :) and how you can transition summer colors into the new fall season...

Shirt: H&M
Pants: TJ Maxx
Jewlery: Forever 21
Lipcolor: Nude from Wet and Wild * it's a great color when you choose not to wear any other make up*