The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

28 September 2011

Playing catch up....

Hi eveyone! My plan was not to blog for a few days, but I looked at the traffic of my blog and it looks like a lot of you guys like it. I have had more people than expected keep coming back to see what I have posted so I decided I would just let you in on what I have been doing th past few days.....
Nothing too exciting of course, but I did want to share this. It's a flower I walked past on my walk home from work the other day. Soooo beautiful!!!!!



Can you even believe it's real? I made it the background on my phone because I would love to look at this everyday :) Makes me happy....

Dan and I have also done some GOOOOOOD cooking the past few days....
Monday night we made a meal I have been wanting to make forever and ever but Daniel was always afraid of it so I couldn't make it..... but he finally gave in and we both loved it.... ready to hear what it is?????
????????????????????
????????????
??????
???
?
Pumpkin Pasta.


Soooo good. I thought it would be more sweet and always the thought of pumpkin pie wrapped around my head but it was so much more complex. It was creamy, spicy and just yum yum yum! The perfect dinner coming into the fall season. I will be making more of this meal in the future. If you want to be a little daring look up a recipe and try it. There are tons of ideas out there on how to make this dish!

The second meal we made was even more amazing. A full Chinese course meal. Chicken lettuce wraps and the BEST fried rice I have not only made, but eaten! It was so fresh and non greasy. I HATE greasy Chinese food.


I usually am not a fan of making Chinese food from scratch because it never turns out like restaurants, but this time it did. Do you want to know why? Because we bought a TON of things to make it....we wanted it legit. My favorite quote of the night from Daniel was " you seriously don't want to half ass this...." He was right. I didn't. We took the time and the money, which wasn't even that much... and made a GREAT authentic tasting meal....



I haven't really documented my outfits the past couple day's so I decided today I would. Like I have said in the past, I LOVE the colder weather. I love wearing jackets and boots I guess I just love wearing things that cover me up....
I didn't wear anything too special today......





What really brought my outfit to life was my necklace and of course my choice of lipcolor.....
I think wearing a statement necklace is such a wonderful way to add to an outfit. Give it that right amount of pop without being too much......



 ( The photo doesn't do it justice. They were bright/red pink....)

Lipstick: Wine by Wet and Wild
Gloss: Lancome Juicy Tube in color "Vente"

Thanks to everyone who decides to look at my blog! It really does mean a lot. The people who let me know how much they like it and enjoy what I am doing... this is for you! It's hard to put yourself out there completely sometimes and you guys make it so easy with all your incredible feedback! THANK YOU!!!