The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

23 October 2011

Weekend Memories

It's Sunday night and I'm so happy to finally relax. After hours of homework and outings that went into the wee hour mornings I am excited to say it's over. 

I am posting a couple outfits I took to the streets this weekend, simple like always, but never boring. (Just FYI, the picture quality is not very good this post. I tried to take photos with very little time at my finger tips.) I also want to show you a few things I picked up from the outlets stores in Park City today to add my blossoming wardrobe.

First, last night I tried a new eye shadow technique I had never tried and I think it turned out pretty well for not having everything I needed to complete the look. I got the idea from a picture of Taylor Swift I had seen on the Internet previously. 


Taylors:


My attempt:




I think it turned out pretty well, what do you think? Next time, I think I am going to change it up a little bit and add more dark, but I think it turned out nicely. Perfect look for a night out on the town.


Saturday Night Out
I put this outfit together very quickly, so I wouldn't always go with this combo but it came out very colorful and fun.

( I love this shirt because of how it buttons up from the back. )



I personally think that you can make an outfit look more dressy and interesting just by adding a nice pair of black boots. They made the outfit.




I wore one of my favorite necklaces that my sister gave to me for Christmas a few years back. It's from a store, Ten Thousand Villages, where you can buy pieces of jewelry made from tribes in certain areas in third world countries. They get 100% of the proceeds, which is just amazing. Makes everything worth buying there. If you are interested in going I'll add the address below.


1941 S. 1100 E. , Suite 1945 Salt Lake City, UT  


Shirt: Tj Maxx
Skirt: Kohls
Boots: PacSun


Sunday Outings


Today was the day I went up to Park City to check out the outlet stores and have some good grub. Now, because I knew I would be walking around all day I decided to dress comfortably.




I think that every woman needs a great pair of bell bottom jeans. I mainly wear slim legged jeans, but I think that  bell bottoms add a fun flirty feeling to any outfit you wear around them.




Because this outfit felt a little boring with a plain black tee and jeans I decided to color it up a bit with a fun tie dyed scarf.




It made all the difference.


My New Pieces
I didn't get a ton of things today. My main goal was to find a coat, which came up un successful, but I did find a few pieces I had to have!


J Crew Sweater:
I love this color. When I think about J Crew this color is usually what comes to my mind first. I'm so excited to finally have a piece in this shade.



I loved the little zipper embellishment. It's what kinda sold me on it...




The Gap.
I love The Gap. I used to not be the biggest fan, but I think that they have some great looks.
I got an animal print sweater which I have had my eye on for some time. I have always wanted a cardigan in this pattern but wasn't sure if I could handle the statement it made. I was excited to find this print in a softer color hue.


( Just FYI, I love this!)


I also got a new pair of khaki pants which I think are going to be so fun to wear. They are a very skinny leg and they are a little like high waters. They don't go all the way to the ground which I think will look great with flats.




I hope you all had a great weekend, I know I did. I hope this post gets you excited about all the new fall fashions and you find a few great pieces to add to your wardrobe sometime soon :)