The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

23 January 2012

Artsy.

This past weekend was a lot fun and wonderful.
I got to spend time with friends and family.
Time I very much cherish.

On both occasions I got to be a little influenced by art that either a family member or friend made.
Nothings better than that.
Also, how often does that happen?
I wish I was more artistic, but I just don't have that vision you need to have in order to create masterpieces.

First experience:
My friend Danika is quite the artist.
She paints.
I went over to her home and saw that her apt was filled with paintings that she felt had no home or weren't quite finished.
One of her pieces I fell in love with, it was so colorful, yet simple.
At the end of the night she surprised me and told me that I could be the new mother to this amazing art piece.
The word STOKED is an understatement.
I was so excited about it that once it was in my hands I didn't want to let it go.
Even in the confinement of the front seat of a Subaru Forester.
It was a very uncomfortable drive filled with uncontrollable laughter.
I found the perfect place for it in my home
and have spent the past few days just staring at it... I just love it.

Second experience:
Last night Daniel and I went to my parent's home for dinner.
We spent the time exchanging stories, munching on cheesy popcorn, consuming plates of pot roast, carrots and potatoes and ending the night with photo slides.
First off, I have never seen anything like this.
My father had boxes of slides from his younger years but never really had a way to look at them since you need light to view them.
In the summer he found a slide projector and of course he had to pull it out to show off for Dan and I :)
It was one of the coolest moments.



All I know is that I am now on the look for a film camera that can take pictures for slides and of course a back lit projector like this to see the photos.
I wish you could see this better.
These photos don't do this justice.
He had some AMAZING, BREATHTAKING pictures that he said he was just trying to be "artsy."
Every picture the same 4 words came out of Daniel and I's mouths.....
" This is SO cool!"

It was such a great experience.
I love seeing photos of my parents when they were younger.
My dad even had a photo of my parents FIRST date!
Can you believe that?
A new years resolution I have just come up with is to take more photos.
They really are something you can take with you forever to re-live those times all over again.
To hear my father tell Dan and I stories while he reminisced, it was adorable and touching.
I want to be able to do that with my children.

Well, off I am to more classes.
I already can't wait for the weekend. Ha.
I hope everyone has a good one and let's all take MORE pictures....

LOVE.
XOXO.