The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

22 January 2012

Faux Leather.

Last year I bought a pair of faux leather pants from the LC collection at Kohl's.
They were truly an impulse buy.
I had never imagined I would buy a pair of these, but something about them was calling my name...
" Hilary.... come try my on, come see how rock and roll you'll feel..."

I wore them one night and stuck them in my closet until Halloween when I was Kesha.
Then I stuck them in my closet again until... last night.

I paired them with a simple band t-shirt ( for some reason I felt this was more appropriate )
and some classic tennis shoes.

Shirt: Other Lives band shirt. Pants: Lauren Conrad-Kohls. Shoes: Dexter.

The turnout?
Pretty darn good.
Had compliments and what I liked the most?
The comfort.
When you wear them with a simple T it seems to just represent another pair of pants, but with some flare.
It's not so "Grease" like.... so out there.. " Hey I'm wearing faux leather pants...."
If you see a pair around the next time you're shopping... grab em.
I'll be wearing mine more often.

Randomness:
Veggie Pho. 
My favorite food.
( With a side of rice. I ALWAYS get a side of rice. My meal doesn't seem complete without it.)
Location: La Cai Noodle House.

Wine stain on white carpet...
Frightened?
Don't be.
Just put on a concoction of Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda.
Result: the day after.... gone!

Love Dove dark chocolate candies.
Love even more the messages embedded.
Live true to this statement.

Um... coolest cup of Joe I have ever drank.
I found this at my parents.
It's officially my cup I drink from at their home....

***************

I'm going to leave you with two commercials that I LOVE.
They are Honda CR-V commercials.
What it represent's is how I feel about making big decisions for my life...
I know everyone is different and everyone is on a different path.
For me though, these commercials are exactly how I feel and I love that they put this thought into consumers minds.
Before I even think about marriage or having a child there is a laundry list of things I feel I must accomplish before I do...
You most likely won't see me married till I'm 30 or older and kids, well... I only want one ( so I can afford to let them try everything they desire ) and that I dream won't happen till I am about 33-35.
I would like a few years with my husband of just us two before cracking into adding to our family.
Of course, not everyone is the same, and of course there is always that chance it won't go my way... but if I could, that would be my perfect scenario.
Now, don't get me wrong, I CANNOT wait until both of these events take place in my life, which I can only hope I'll be an amazing wife and mother, but I also know that I wouldn't feel complete as a person without years of trying things out in the world without either.
For people who are married and have children - I applaud you.
It's hard work and dedication.
It's just not my time..... yet.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and eventful Sunday.
Dan's up on the slopes after the HUGE snow storm last night while I blog and try to keep my boredom aside to finish my homework.
My parents invited Daniel and I over for dinner tonight to partake in my favorite meal my mother cooks...
Pot roast and vegetables.
Yummmm.
I can't ever turn it down....
( I also don't turn down time to spend with my parent's. They are my best friends and every time I leave their presence I am so thankful that I was born into these two amazingly supportive people. )

LOVE.
XOXO.