The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

19 February 2012

Charismatic Glow

So, last night I went to Kilby Court for a music show and would like to fill you in on it.
I had gone kind of on a quick decision.
A friend of mine had sent me a link on Facebook telling me I would enjoy the music being played and I should give it a shot.
I'm glad I did :)
They were three wonderful bands.
However, my only con, is do not go see their shows if you are in ANY WAY tired.
All three of the performances were more of say a "coffee shop"sound.
Very mellow, very low key.
First, yesterday I woke up at 7 am, for the only reason I cannot sleep in.
It's a very sad curse.
Second, I had a very intense workout at the gym and boy did it wipe me out.
Third, I highly recommend not going to a show to stand for 3-4 hours after such a workout.
My back was in so much pain I was that girl trying to do yoga moves in the middle of a crowded garage in order to save my sanity.
I'm sure I was the talk of some conversations of how "weird" I might be.
Because we all know when you go to a show you seem to find those people in the crowd whom you label as "weird" and seem to keep an eye on them all night, as if they were a story book character and you need to see how the story plays out.
Also let me point out to you, I fell asleep TWICE standing with my head down.
I came too to obvious loud chorus melodies with drool running down my face.
I can only imagine the type of face a person must have when they come back to reality that they are standing in a room full of people, sleeping, and frankly at a show. 
Never happened to me before this moment.
Awkward.

However I must say, all the music was really good and I loved them all.
I would suggest that they play in a location where people can sit down and drink some sort of caffeinated beverage for their next show, but they are all highly worth looking into.
I'll share.

Paul Jacobsen and the Madison Arm.
I posted them on my last post.
They were terrific.

Breathe Owl Breathe.
They were a little goofy and quite charismatic.
The music was again, terrific.
This was my favorite song they played :)

Lastly was Laura Gibson.
First off, she is adorable.
Her voice is terribly beautiful and different.
She sounds very similar to  Zooey Deschanel's.

During her set I was standing against the window looking into the fire pit and I can easily say it was perfect.
I just put my head against the window and stared into the face of the fire with her vocals in my ear.
So relaxing.
( I still wish that I had a chair with my body aching from head to toe and eyes quickly becoming a "slow blink." )


I later got a wave from all the men sitting here at this fire. They might have been slightly creeped out by my stance and my face against the window looking quite zombie like just watching them as if they were my own personal TV program.
" Maybe if we wave at her she won't come and eat us..."

Laura ended the show in the most unique way and it was something so special.
She had the collection of us gather around the fire pit and gave us a tune to hum.
Once we all got the humming down she started to sing.
Her voice is so angelic.
It was beautifully amazing and of course once she started to sing the snow started to fall.
Really everyone, this was incredible.

I hope you all have a great rest of your weekend and holiday tomorrow.
I know I will :)

LOVE.
XOXO.