The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

20 February 2012

A Few Questions Answered...

The fun part about having a blog is when people email you, and I will tell you it happens more often than I would ever think.
It was a little weird when people started doing so, because I thought to myself....
" People are actually interested in my life...? "

I have saved a few questions and am going to answer them today.

#1
A question I got about a month ago from a male reader was;
"What is your perfect man?"
( never would have thought I would receive this question, but here is your answer....)

First off, this is a really good question and it is causing me to look down deep.
 What is fun is that for every woman it is different.
I think number one is, personality.
Such an obvious answer and I feel women always say this is their first attracted attribute, but it's true.
I need a man, yes I like men more than boys, who is going to make me laugh and has a positive outlook on life.
I love when a man can be sweet to you but also tease you. This is a must to me.
If a boy can point out my flaws but in a silly way I think that is always attractive.
I need a man who wants to protect me, but also gives me my own space to breathe.
Knowledge is also a huge turn on. If someone can keep a conversation with me and also teach me new things about life that I didn't know. It can't get any better.
 I think it's also so important in a significant other, for that person to have a need for travel and me being an animal lover, I need him to want to listen to me talk about science and animals for hours. 
( Yes, I'm a nerd.)
He needs to be able to watch nature documentaries and hockey without being bored ( even if he is, he doesn't show it. )
And lastly, positivity, positivity, positivity.
No one wants to date someone who doesn't look for the good in everything. To me it shows you have a big heart.

As for the way a man dresses.
This can MAKE or BREAK a person.
I'm sorry. That sounds horrible, but it's true. I can't tell you how many times in my life I have thought someone looked attractive, but once I looked down at their shoes and they we wearing some big DC clunkers, it's done. There is no hope for you.
( Damn, that sounds sooo harsh, but I know ladies know what I'm saying.....)
The older I get the more I like a put together man more than a guy who doesn't care what they put on.
Here are some images of a good looking, dressed man...
Ha, as you can tell from the images, facial hair is a must as well.
Facial hair is just so sexy!
I also love flat brimmed hats, can't go wrong with a flat brimmed hat.
( However I'm thinking if you put my favorite things all together in one outfit, it might not look so great.)
Anyways, that was fun. I'm not going to lie, looking up good looking men is something I'm not going to complain about.

#2
A few times I have been asked;
" What is your go to outfit?"
When I hear this, I imagine this is asking what do I wear most or just times that I'm not dressing to impress.
Easy.
- White T-Shirt
- Jeans
- Sunglasses
- Running shoes or flats
- Hair tied up.

Shirt: TJ Maxx. Pants: Roxy. Shoes: Solomon.

It's just a very comfortable and simple outfit.
This is also so universal.
Say I wanted to wear this out at night? Instead of running shoes, heels. Instead of hair up, lay it down and add some curl. Add some smoky eyes and done.

#3
"What do you do for work? What is your dream job?"

Sometimes I think people ask this question because they expect people who have blogs like mine to work somewhere cool in the fashion or make up industry.
Or maybe just has the coolest job that you have never heard of before?
( This is what I think about when I look at other people's blogs, I know I can't be alone...)

My job.
I work at a local hospital here in Salt Lake City.
I work for the company Intermountain Health Care as a Medical Secretary.
Is it my dream job?
Absolutely not, but I don't have much to complain about.
I have worked for this company for over 4 years and have worked in so many areas in that time.
I started in Pediatrics and loved it. Children are so much fun to be around all day, except during flu season. Oh god, I don't even want to go into this detail.
After a few years I moved on to Psychiatry.
This is the area that really and truly caught my attention.
I would like to work in Psychiatry one day if I don't ever get to my so called "dream" job.
I find it fascinating how people think, and how experiences in peoples lives can affect how people respond to things in the world.
Now, I work in the Sleep Disorders Center in the same hospital as Psych.
Its interesting that's for sure.
I don't know how long I will work for this company, but I do know that they treat me really well and I have the best boss in the world so for now, I'm happy.

Dream Job.
If could go back in time to when I started school I would have gone into biology. Marine Biology would be my ultimate dream, but guess what... I live in a desert and brine shrimp really aren't up to par on my marine life interest.
I was too frightened as a freshman thinking that I couldn't bring myself to be smart enough to complete such a major, but I wish now that I had.
My dream is to work with animals one day and mostly focus on endangered animals or the coral reef.
Both of these topics get the best of me.
When I started school I went into film.
I did this because I felt if I couldn't be a biologist I could at least film biologists.
Then I found out, film wasn't for me.
I then moved into the major I am in now, which is Communications.
I would like to work in the Communications department of a non-profit animal group.
That for me is my dream that I can make a possible reality.

#4
" What is your favorite piece of jewelry?"

This is such a good question and so excited to answer it.
My favorite piece is one I haven't had for very long.
It's a necklace my father gave to me that he bought at an art festival while my mother was pregnant.
It was a festival my father and mother went to together and he was overcome with the need to purchase it, which I'm so glad he did and even more glad he wanted me to have it.
It's an old Greek coin.
Someone decided to cut out certain areas of the coin to make the owl stand out.
It's beautiful and I wear this more than anything I own.

#5
" What piece of make up could you not live without? "

Oh man. I love make up. I do.
I may not be that girl who buys Chanel or that girl who is always at the Mac counter asking to try on every color of lipstick, but I love make up enough I buy a new item almost every week.
The Physicians Formula Bronzer is my ultimate choice of make up I can't live without.
It's the perfect color.
Not too orange. It give just the right amount of glow.
I love in the summer this is all I wear.
I highly recommend this product.
As a recovering indoor tanning addict this helps me along in the colder winter months.
I can feel like I have been in the sun without actually being in it.
It's perfect.

#6
" What is your favorite type of music?"

This question is very hard for me.
I love everything.
If I had to pick my favorite type of music I would probably say..." folk rock."
Growing up my parents would take me to bluegrass festivals it seems almost every weekend.
We would camp out and watch bluegrass bands for days. 
These memories I think are what make my love for folky music so intense.
I can't say I'm into "country" or hick like folk, but good and well done bluegrass and folk is really what get's me going.
If you listen to any of the music I share on this blog the bands usually have some sort of low key folk sound.
This Thursday I'm actually going to see my parents and I's favorite bluegrass singer. I remember him playing in the back ground of a lot of my child hood memories. I can't wait to share this with my parents..
His name is Tim O'Brien and we are seeing him at The State Room.
I cannot wait!!
Like I said though, I love everything.
When it comes to music I am a lyrics fanatic. Songs mean so much to me and really help me understand feelings and life.
When I talk to people about music I like it usually starts with...." Have you listened to what this song is about? Listen to the lyrics. It makes me think about ______, or ________."
I am one to look up lyrics of a song to see what the meaning is and how it pertains to my life. and my emotions.
Embarrassingly, I am a very emotional person and music brings this out in me.
I just wish I had the talent to write my own music and lyrics.
Believe me, I would have a lot to say.
As we speak I can't stop listening to this Bon Iver mix.
I have had it on repeat for almost 24 hours. Seriously, this is no a joke.
He is fu*king brilliant and his voice is something else.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions to ask me....
I would love to answer them!
Just email me at the bottom of my links :)
Thanks everyone for listening :)

***********************************
Just wanted to add my obsession with Anderson Cooper is sky rocketing.
I love him.
Just love him.
This clip I am about to share is old, but it cracks me  up....
I am just in love.
( Sorry for my girlie high school crush rant.... )
Watched his show " Anderson " today and this is what made me add this in. 100 episodes.
Congrats Anderson.
Love you :)


LOVE.
XOXO.