The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

28 February 2012

The Pattern Game.

I am usually not the most fond of mixing patterns, mostly because I wonder.... " Am I going to pull this off? " or " Are people going to look at me and think it was an obvious laundry day?"
 But guess what? I don't care and It's fun.
Sometimes when I put together outfits like this I feel like a child again.
My mother never told me how to dress growing up and you should see some of the outfits I came up with....

I knew that both of these pattern's wouldn't go extremely well together but I still sported them.
Sometimes this is just what you must do...
Be brave, it's what fashion is about.

P.S. You know its bad when your father says to you, " Hilary, animal print and stripes? Do you know they are different? " Ha.
I mean, lets get real, this is coming from a man who finds it appropriate to wear a jean shirt and jeans.
I have seen this happening out there on the streets lately and in fashion, but no thank you.
I will never pick up on that fashion backwards move.

Shirt: F21. Cardigan: The Gap. Pants: Roxy. Shoes: Dexter. Necklace: F21. Earrings: F21.




Now ladies, lets go find the two most absurd things in our closet and show off our distinct style!

********************

Let me share with you another thing I haven't done in a VERY LONG while :
Straightening my hair.
I usually think it turns out dopy, but I really wanted to try something different than the usual waves I sport every day.
I bought a new Pixi hair straightener and it really does amazing things.
My hair has never gotten this strait from other ceramic tools. 
I highly recommend this.

Have a good one everyone and fashion forward!
( I love when I post outfits because I think I am the least likely person you should listen too about fashion, but it's fun to hopefully inspire people to think outside of the box. )

EXTRAS!
A Little warm Valentines card two of my favorites sent to the apartment:
Ok girls, thanks for being HORRIBLY cute!

*: Kisses :*

It's real
The tickets came in the mail... FINALLY!
SASQUATCH TICKETS!!!!


LOVE.
XOXO.