The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

20 March 2012

Evaluation.

First off.....
I LOVE!!!!!
Obviously, what music could possibly not be absolutely beautiful coming from the girlfriend of Justin Vernon. 
Sadly, she has no Utah shows. Even more sad? She's not even going to Sasquatch Music Fest.
Click link below to LISTEN!!!!
On repeat.....
Kathleen Edwards - Change the Sheets.

**********************
Coffee Snob.
Yes, this is who I am.
I can't help it, but coffee is something in my life that I REALLY need to be perfect.
I think I inherited this from my parents due to the fact they had me drinking coffee at a young age.
My parents go through pot after pot of coffee a day, and this is normal for them.

Since I started my new Tuesday work day at a different location, TOSH, my daily routine has been a bit scrambled.
I haven't yet figured out exactly how to start my day on the right path.
This morning I was running late and NEEDED my coffee ASAP and the closest thing I knew of was Mc.Donalds.
Yuck!
My lord Mc.Donalds, I can't say enough horrible things about you.
I took one sip and gagged.
The next place I saw on my commute before I got on the freeway was 7-11.
Stopped in real quick.
Blah!
Even worse.
The coffee tasted like water and again, put into my cup holder and tried to forget it was there.
Upset and tired, longing for a decent cup of coffee I noticed a Starbucks right before the TOSH campus.
Hallelujah!
Now, I am not a fan of the Starbucks, but I do know that their coffee is something that I can handle and even though I don't believe in what they stand for ( corporate ) I know they can brew me a strong, satisfying cup.
So right in I walked and asked for a large ( I also do not use their "fancy" cup size names ) black dark roast coffee.
Can I tell you the best part?
There was a line of about, I say 5-6 people waiting to receive their froufrou coffee drinks, but because I am a normal person who finds pleasure in a plain coffee with nothing added I didn't have to wait for a second.
He poured it, and off I went.
Happy.

**********************
Food.

Last night I watched an episode of "Anderson" that simply caught my interest.
It was about people who have disordered eating.
These are people who have issues with food, such as people who eat the same thing everyday, or people who only eat one type of item.
There were two women on the show who only ate potatoes.
This is what they ate on a daily basis for 40 years.
CRAZY!
Anderson Cooper himself has what they call "disordered eating" as well.
He eats the same 4 things every day for months.

This got me thinking about myself and how I fall under somewhat of the same category.
Now, I don't think that I have "disordered eating" but maybe something along those lines?
Or, what would make even more sense is that I know what I can and cannot eat being gluten intolerant that I just stick with what I know I can eat.

To let you in on my food life,
I eat the SAME things every day.
Everyday.



SCHOOL DAYS.
Breakfast:
- Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna bar.
-Banana.

Lunch:
-Soy Crisps.
- Apple.

Snack:
- Grapefruit
- Carrots.

Dinner:
( This is where my life changes things up. Dinner is always different, but not that different. I usually always eat the same 5 things for dinner as well.... but its not as routine. )

WORK DAYS:
Breakfast:
- Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna bar.
-Banana

Lunch:
- Salad
-Sweet Potato
- Grapefruit

Snack:
- Apple.

Dinner.

WEEKENDS:
Not in any order but again ALWAYS.....
- Luna bar.
- Banana
- Apple
- Grapefruit/Orange
- Soy Crisps
** Then usually I eat out a few times through out the weekend**

It's weird.
I do not know why I do this, but to me its just routine.
It's easy.
I understand it.
There is no reading labels.
No gimmicks.
** Also don't get me wrong, I eat other things as well but those are things that I will eat daily without a doubt. The other things I eat are just filler. **

If you didn't know my goal in life is to be a health psychologist.
I want to be able to help people come to conclusions about the foods they eat and why?
I want to work with children who have eating disorders or who over eat and help them understand why it is they do what they do.
I think this is why this specific Anderson show interested me.
I think it's so interesting and maybe I should evaluate myself and why I eat the way I do...

***********************
BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!

This up and coming weekend is my birthday and I am actually excited.
I'm stressed, but it should be fun!

Friday night:
Grizzlies hockey game.
Bar. ( At least I am hoping, but I move the next day. )

Saturday:
Moving.
Jeff Corwin live show in PC.
Bar.

Sunday:
Moving
Homework.
Studying for midterms.

Monday:
MY BIRTHDAY!

************************

Bows and Frills.

Glitter Nails.




LOVE.
XOXO.