The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

18 March 2012

The New Apt. Part 1...

One of my least favorite things to do in life is move.
I think this is an obvious for most.
My family are serious pro's when it comes to moving since my whole life we moved every few years.
They have it down to a science.
I don't know what I would do without my parents.
I really don't. 
They amaze me and I love them so much for what they do to go out of their way for me.

This is my first move onto my own apartment and personally it's a lot more stressful than I ever imagined.
Today, Saturday, was the first day my parents and I went in to my new abode to start the cleaning process.
I thought we would be there for say, an hour, clean a bit and then paint.
Ha.
It didn't go as planned.
First off renters, if you are thinking of moving into a huge old apartment, it's not going to be that easy.
Especially when you come from a family that needs everything to be spotless and perfect before move in.

Now, I don't know how many people grew up every weekend washing their homes walls, and doors and molding and every nook and cranny.
But I did.
Every weekend.
So, of course walking into this new apartment the cleaning never ended.
It took us I think around 5-6 hours and it's still not done.
My father also grinded down the kitchen cabinet doors in order for them to close correctly.
He fixed certain locks and windows.
It really comes in handy when your parents are house flippers and know how to fix everything a home or apartment has.

Second.
Picking paint.
This isn't as easy as I would presume.
My mother told me to grab one piece in my apt I reside in now that I would like to be my main feature of my new apartment and we would choose from there.
I chose a painting that I absolutely love.
My sister gave it to me after years of sending her remarks such as " oh Jen, I would do anything for this painting. ", " I love this painting so much, I wish I had one just like it...."
Well..... after a few years, it landed in my lap and I am so excited to start my new life with it being the center of the creation of the new apt. feel....

**Confession**
The stress kind of got to me today out of left field.
I broke down.
All the stress of moving, school, work and my personal life kind of came into reality full force and I just burst into tears.
I felt like my world was crashing in on me and had to leave my new apartment and take a drive to clear my head.
Going on a drive with your favorite tunes cranked to the max, tears pouring out of your face and having to pull over a few times to take a deep breath to bring yourself back to reality is not something that happens to me everyday, but boy did it bring me back to calm.
At the end of the day, I know that all my decisions will work out for the best.
I have to believe that.
I just think having all of these emotions coming at me all at one time was a bit too much for me to handle on a day like today.
When it comes down to it, I am scared to live alone. I'm scared to wake up in the middle of the night to an empty apartment. I'm scared that I am going to become lonely.
But also, at the end of the day, I want to feel this uncomfortableness and I want to be able to make myself a stronger person by doing so.
I am back to excitement. 

 Picking out paint colors.

My paint choice. Moss green. ( Accent color : red )

Paint color matches well with my favorite painting.

Color Samples.

Kitchen : before.
( Tomorrow, Sunday we are painting )

Bedroom.

Living Room.

*******************

Weekend Ritual.






My last Birchbox. Canceled to save money for the apt. It was disappointing.

Nick ( Juror #2 ) and his lady Steph.


Just a few of the beads from my necklace that decided to burst in the middle of the play.



Tomorrow is going to be I'm sure another stressful day for the move.
Need to paint.
Need to go to Ikea.
Need to do homework.
Need to start packing.

I'll keep you updated on the move and on the new apt....
A new apt. A new me.

LOVE.
XOXO.