The life I live....



I'm a music lover who at the end of the day wants to feel as if she lived that day the best she could. Creating an amazing meal, hanging out with the amazing people I call friends, rocking out to some amazing tunes, buying a great piece of clothing or wearing bright pink lipstick..... Im optimistic about life and highlighting the moments that make it unique....

26 October 2011

J to the Crew.....

Today I sported my new J Crew find and I must say that it could be my new favorite piece in my whole wardrobe. The BEST color. The best fit ( finally I can fit into a size SMALL after like, 10 years! ) and I honestly have never really owned a sweater. Isn't that weird? So I'm really excited about it....

I decided to pair this lovely colored sweater with one of my favorite skirts. I don't wear it often, but every time I do I get many compliments. I think that is because many of us haven't seen skirts in this pattern., which is exactly why I bought it.




I love the layered look, which is why I put on a longer grey tank under my sweater. I think it transitions the outfit will. It gives it a softer look. Today I also wore a pair of black tights which is the first of the season. I don't usually wear tights, but I want to get a stock pile of them this season in all different colors.

I wore my flowered mustard yellow shoes to try and compliment the color of the sweater. I for some reason always think that flats with tights look silly, but I tried it out today and maybe it isn't as bad as I always thought..... What do you think?

I chose a pair of my favorite earrings, which are another find from Ten Thousand Villages. They are made from glass and they are absolutely beautiful! 


I added a fun long pearl necklace..... to give some length...





Sweater: J Crew
Skirt: Nordstrom Rack- Lucie Rose
Tights: Forever 21
Tank: Forever 21
Necklace: Forever 21
Earrings: Ten Thousand Villages
Shoes: TJ Maxx - Nine West

I also wanted to share with you my FAVORITE clothing catalog that just came out with their Winter catalog.... I wanted EVERYTHING on EVERY page. I would do anything to only wear Sundance, I really would..... I mean, don't you just want to be her???


Last quick picture....
My dinner the other night I cooked with bok choy for the FIRST time. I thought it would be weird to cook with, but it was wonderful. I loved it. I have been on such an Asian kick lately so I made rice, veggie and chicken bowls again and they turned out fab!!!!


Enjoy!!!!!!
Have an amazing Wednesday!
P.S. Right when I was about to post this a patient came to me and told me my outfit was darling... :) I think it's the sweater! Ladies... go grab one before they are all gone!